I just cannot take the shit anymore. The raising concerns about Women safety has forced me to vent out all that I had for the so called uncivilized and uncultured Indian society. Yes, I agree that India is labeled as the land of culture and heritage, where women are idolized as Goddess and are respected for their gender. Let me also take you to the flip side of the same society, where women are also termed as the weaker sex. They are assaulted, molested, raped and even brutally murdered for the simplest of the fact that they are born as Women. The grace that was bestowed earlier no longer exists. In the Indian tradition, when a daughter was born, she was referred as “Lakshmi” and I believe the tradition still continues, but are they treated as Lakshmi by the society? The rising crime against women definitely disapproves it. Bitch, slut, whore and other abusive words have substituted the ancient word “Lakshmi.”
Bangalore which was once considered the safest city for women has lost its dignity. The IT hub is slowly turning to be the unsafe zone for women. Every morning, I flip through the newspaper to get a glimpse of the current affairs, but all I get to read is the barbaric act of the fellow human beings who have considered women as a sex object. Is the lust so much that they cannot even spare a kid, who is paying the price of being the XX chromosome. It is disheartening to accept these rising rapes and molestation cases in the entire nation, where each day a nirbhaya is born, just to die. Bangalore is not away from these ferocious activities.
Recent Crimes against Women in Bangalore:
- April 19, 2014: A security guard sexually abused a 7 year old girl in Marathalli.
- April 10, 2014: A 26 year old woman was sexually harassed by Mallikarjun in Sadhsivnagar, who entered her apartment as electrician.
- June 6, 2014: Shivarama Reddy raped an engineer from Jharkhand at her PG accommodation in Electronic City.
- July 2, 2014: A 6 year old was raped in Vibgyor High School, Bangalore.
- July 7, 2014: A doctor was stripped by a mob in front of the Village Panchayat Chief.
- July 11, 2014: A 22 year old student was molested in the moving car at Frazer town.
I might be missing many more such incidents, which aren’t publicly shared, due to the dignity quotient and the social stigma. Why are they even called security guards, when they cannot provide her security? Do you possess the right to rape, just because she is alone at home or are you of the opinion that she deserves to be raped for being out in the midnight? Can you publicly strip a lady for revealing the truth? These questions will merely remain questions until every individual brings a mental change. We do not need any protection or body guards; all we need is acceptance and not experiments. Grant us the Right to live!